UI refresh, optimized grid layout, connectivity and security improvements
May 31, 2020
This is our weekly update. We would greatly appreciate any feedback.
- UI Refresh. Over the last year we’ve made many functional changes without upgrading the overall appearance. We started a UI refresh a couple of weeks ago and just released an updated version. We’ve already made navigation much simpler and the overall look and feel more appealing. Most changes are related to the Upcoming meets screen, and in the coming weeks we’ll revise and improve the rest of the interface as well. We hope you like the improvements and would greatly appreciate any feedback.
- Optimized grid layout. Not all meets require note taking, and in those situations we should be giving more space to video. We introduced a basic grid layout about a month ago, and this week we’ve improved it by dynamically adjusting participant video feeds based on the available space and number of people. To see it, just collapse the notes and agenda section during your next meet. If you are curious about implementation details please check this out.
- [Improvement] Мideo call connection/reconnection improvements
- [Improvement] GDPR related security & privacy improvements
- [Bug] Regression issue with non urgent meets are scheduled during urgent-only all-meets
More updates coming next week. Stay tuned!
Written by Gene Padaliak
Follow Gene on Twitter