Video layout improvements and scheduling history
Subscribe to Remeet blog
This is our weekly update, and we’d greatly appreciate any feedback.
New features / significant changes:
- See other participants and the timer while screen sharing. One of our most frequently requested features is the ability to see other cameras, mute buttons and timers while screen sharing. Here’s how to do it without needing a second display: just collapse the notes and shrink your browser window, with Remeet app either horizontal or vertical. We could’ve done more with an installable app, but we won’t compromise user security by extending an attack surface. We’re fully committed to open browser technology.
- Open meeting notes in a separate browser window. If you use multiple displays you may want to have one display for videos and another for typing notes. Now you can open topic notes in a separate browser window for the two screen experience.
- Topic scheduling history. Nothing causes more frustration than a topic that keeps slipping away without giving you any idea why. It usually happens when someone changes their availability or has a more urgent topic, but sometimes it can be an issue with scheduling algorithms. With this release we are giving you full visibility of what led to schedule changes. Please let us know if you discover examples of topics that were postponed for no good reason — that would be a huge help.
Small improvements & bug fixes:
- [IMPROVEMENT] It wasn’t obvious that canceling recurring topic will cancel the whole series
- [IMPROVEMENT] Add “now” to Slack bot scheduling
- [IMPROVEMENT] Indicate who canceled topic in the UI
- [IMPROVEMENT] Ability to delete recording after topic is over
- [BUG] G Cal Synchronization bug
More updates coming next week. Stay tuned!