Slack-channel based permissions, sharing private topics, and more
March 23, 2020
We have some important updates this week. Please take a look and let us know if you have any feedback.
- Slack-channel based permissions for private topics — previously only users that were explicitly added as required/optional participants were able to access private topics. Now, when you select a slack channel for private, all the users who are members of that channel will have access to that topic too. Since this could have potentially elevated permissions to existing private topics, we had to remove Slack channels from all of the existing private topics. We apologize for the inconvenience.
- Private topics sharing on Slack — private topic notes & recordings are now posted to Slack channels, previously this was only available for Transparent topics.
- Performance optimizations when a schedule is adjusted — larger teams have previously experienced sluggish 10+ seconds reshuffling of topics during rescheduling. Our goal to make it instant, regardless of how big your team. This was significantly improved this week, and we plan for additional optimizations in the coming weeks.
- [Bug] Users can select private channels they aren’t part of
- [Bug] WYSIWYG notes editor cursor was jumping to the start during concurrent editing
- [Improvement] Links from topic notes are opened in a new tab by default.
- [Improvement] Topics created from private Slack channels are now created as private
Written by Gene Padaliak
Follow Gene on Twitter